Child Safeguarding Policy Statement
MONKSTOWN PHYSIOTHERAPY & SPORTS INJURY CLINIC provides Physiotherapy Services for children aged up to 18 years of age.
Management responsibility for all activities within this practice is with the Practice Principals, Avril Craig MISCP & Sharon Kelly MISCP. All Chartered Physiotherapists working in this practice are required, and expected, to provide services in a manner that safeguards children. To this end
- Our practice is committed to safeguarding children while under our care and to provide a safe environment in which they can receive physiotherapy.
- Our practice believes that the welfare of children attending our premises / practice is paramount. We are committed to patient-centred practice which is also child-centred in our work with children.
- We are committed to upholding the rights of every child and young person who attends our practice, including the right to be kept safe and protected from harm, to be listened to, and to be heard.
- Our policy and procedures to safeguard children and young people reflect + comply with National Policy and Legislation. They are underpinned by Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children 2017, the Tusla Children First - Child Safeguarding Guide 2017, and the Children First Act 2015.
- Our Safe Guarding Policy Statement applies to all members of staff and others working on our behalf. All staff and others working on our behalf must agree to, and comply with, the policies, procedures and guidance set out in The Children Safe Guarding Policy, which is available on request.
- We will review our Child Safeguarding Statement and our Child Safeguarding Policy at least every 2 years, or sooner if necessary due to evolving service + operational issues or due to changes in Legislation or National Policy.
- Designated Liaison Person for Child Protection
DLP: Sharon Kelly MISCP 012148031
Deputy: Avril Craig MISCP 012148031
health insurance schemes